Professional development is a key component of MANY's service to New York's museum and cultural organization community. We are continually developing resources to support, promote and empower organizations in New York and beyond. Some of these resources include:
- Annual Conference - our Annual Conference is the largest gathering of New York’s museum staff and board members, volunteers and friends.
- Museum Institute at Sagamore - An intensive training institute held each fall at Great Camp Sagamore in the Adirondacks. With a new theme each year, the Institute provides professional development opportunities for museum professionals and volunteers alike. One of the greatest elements of the Institute is that participants come from a wide range of organizations, as do the presenters.
- Grants for Museum Advancement - Mini Grants and Travel Grants are designed to make it easy for organizations to access professional help and improve their institutions.
- Online Courses - MANY is working to develop new online courses that will address requests and needs of the field. Past courses have included a slate of collections care and preservation courses that bring professional development opportunities right to your fingertips. This unique learning experience is designed for all different types of learners with all different levels of experience.
- Hands-on Workshops and Other Events – Throughout the year we partner with a variety of institutions to provide both formal learning opportunities and informal gatherings to reconnect with one another to discuss what’s happening in the field.
- NYS Museums Online Forum - A helpful and lively online discussion forum where you can connect with your colleagues from museums across New York, ask questions, share ideas and stay apprised of the latest news from MANY and other issues that affect New York's museums.